PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

Another question for PD Tax... I have a "Registered Agent"

Another question for PD Tax...
I have a "Registered Agent" service and I cannot see the necessity for this service. Why do I need a second party to receive and forward my mail to me? Can I make this my home address and open my own mail? Please tell me how to do this officially.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Lindie

Welcome to the site. Thanks for asking for me.

Registered Agents are named when you initially incorporate, and I can use New York as my example. The Department of State, Division of Corporations wants an address on file for official correspondence. Most people elect their own name and address to receive any such correspondence. Some legal web sites or incorporators automatically name themselves as Agent, to generate additional annual fees.

http://www.dos.ny.gov/forms/corporations/1556-f-l.pdf is the link to the form you file with NYS to amend the name of your registered agent, among other things. File this with the small requested fee ($30, I think) and name yourself as agent.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Ask follow up if needed. I'm PDtax.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you happen to know the link for NJ as well?

You can change the registered agent to you by filing that request with your annual report, and paying the fee of $25 in addition to the annual fee. http://www.nj.gov/treasury/revenue/dcr/programs/ann_rpt.shtml is the link to the form, which can be completed and submitted online.

Thanks again from Just Answer.
Experience: 35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks again. I will let you know if I have any more questions on that.