Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

im filling out Form 5227 and dont know how to do the balance

i'm filling out Form 5227 and don't know how to do the balance sheet on page 3.
my problem how do I get the

form 5227 Balance sheet Part IV line 38 (a) (b) (c) where do these numbers come from? I don't know how to get col (c) FMV. can you help?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Are you a charitable remainder Unitrust?

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are not, then you do not have to fill out column C

Customer:

I am charitable remained unitrust

MyVirtualCPA :

To compute the column C you would have to get the net fair market value of assets at either any one date during the year or an average of different dates during the year

MyVirtualCPA :

For cash, your fair market value would be what you have. Cash is line 38

Customer:

can I use End of year book value/

MyVirtualCPA :

No you would use the fair market value. You would have to have a valuation

Customer:

I think the complete balance sheet is fill out wrong how can I straighten it out?

MyVirtualCPA :

Well, you would simply get a new form and fill out the correct information in the proper columns

MyVirtualCPA :

The beginning book value is in column a, and the ending book value is in column b

MyVirtualCPA :

Column C is for the fair market value

Customer:

I think I need to turn the problem over to tax expert in Las Vegas any suggestion.

MyVirtualCPA :

You can contact your local state board of accountancy for names of professionals in your area

Customer:

How can I print out our live chat

MyVirtualCPA :

www.nvaccountancy.com

MyVirtualCPA :

You can use your browser's print function

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, will you rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today?

Customer:

Have not been able to print

MyVirtualCPA :

Your browser print function is not working?

MyVirtualCPA :

Can you try copying the conversation and pasting it into an application such as MS Word

Customer:

guess not have not had this problem befor

MyVirtualCPA :

You will be able to return to this question if you bookmark it

MyVirtualCPA :

And it should show up in your JustAnswer account

MyVirtualCPA :

Also, after you rate the answer, you will get an email transcript of this chat

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level