Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Is maximum foreign tax exclusion of income 95,100 for joint

Is maximum foreign tax exclusion of income 95,100 for joint filers or 190,200 (95,100 for both husband & wife)?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

The exclusion is per qualifying person...so each person can exclude up to the full amount

MyVirtualCPA :

Here is a link from the IRS. It is a bit outdated, because it lists 2008 exclusion amounts but it does say where married couples can each claim the exclusion

MyVirtualCPA :

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Foreign-Earned-Income-Exclusion-1

MyVirtualCPA :

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

MyVirtualCPA :

Please take a moment to rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Scott

I see you were unable to join our chat. Please take a moment to review my response. If you have the answer you need, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Thanks!

,

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer