Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

Tax refunds for past three years brought refunds with an adviser.

Customer Question

Tax refunds for past three years brought refunds with an adviser. But they could not explain why. Changed to Famous adviser service. Reviews found mistakes with penalties. Should I consider a case against the former service?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. Yes.....if your former service made mistakes which resulted in penalties and/or interest, then you would have a cause of action against the service for negligence. Any statute of limitations would not begin until you discovered these errors. Although you would not be entitled to recover for taxes owed as you would have owed these anyway, you would not have incurred the penalties and interest had they not made a mistake. Thus, your former service is liable for these and if they do not pay you voluntarily, file suit against them to force payment.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!