How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne Your Own Question
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2421
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Anne is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am retired and I have a $ 250,000 tax loss carry over. Since

This answer was rated:

I am retired and I have a $ 250,000 tax loss carry over.

Since I will never use the carry over can I transfer it to another taxpayer?

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, there is no tax provision allowing your to transfer your NOL to another tax payer


I truly hope this information is helpful but please do not rate until you are satisfied. If you want to click on 1 or 2 just click on the continue to work with me button instead. You will then be able to add any other info or respond to what I have posted so far. Rating 3-5 gives me credit and a good rating but you can still converse with me.



Anne and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the accept and the positive rating!

Please feel free to ask for me by name if I can help you in the future.