Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

Hello , I would like to know do you fill out a Tax form at

Hello , I would like to know do you fill out a Tax form at the end of the year for Social Security and for Military compersation disability ?
Yes I'm a 100% disable veteran and i receive compersation once a month and i receive my social security So is there such a form to file at the end of the year ?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Anne :

Hi

Anne :

First, let me thank you very much for your service, and sacrifice for our country.

Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ms Anne i don't see the first answer from you, All i'm asking do i suppose to file and resport at the end of the year, yes are no ? You haven't answer me ,I don't don't think you have

Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.
No, you're VA disability and your Social Security is not taxable income to you.

However, IF you were applying for a state tax credit (I'm in MI, and we have rent/property tax credit, home heating credit, etc, but I'm not familiar with TX credits) as I started to say, IF you were applying for a State (TX) credit, then you may be asked for "household income"

Please note, applying for a TX credit, and disclosing your household income for purposes to see if you qualify for a credit is NOT the same as filing a Federal tax return.

Your VA disability and your Social Security benefits are NOT taxable, however, they are household income when it comes to state credits.

I truly hope this information is helpful but please do not rate until you are satisfied. If you want to click on 1 or 2 just click on the continue to work with me button instead. You will then be able to add any other info or respond to what I have posted so far. Rating 3-5 gives me credit and a good rating but you can still converse with me.

Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience: Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the accept, and the excellent service rating!

Please feel free to ask for me by name if I can help you in the future.