Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

how does the Massachusetts Inheritance tax work? That is, if

how does the Massachusetts Inheritance tax work? That is, if someone inherits or receives say, 100,000 is there an inheritance tax?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. Massachusetts has no inheritance tax. Massachusetts does have an estate tax, but the estate is exempt from this tax unless the estate is over $1,000,000. If the entire estate is less than $1,000,000, there is no Federal or Massachusetts estate or inheritance tax due.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thanks so much for the positive rating and bonus! I appreciate your kindness and the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!