socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

ruling made about excise tax on catfish bait, Tarkay bait shop sued the state and won in c

ruling made about excise tax on catfish bait, Tarkay bait shop sued the state and won in conection with bait being not included in excise tax. This was in the mid 1970's

Anne :

Hi

Anne :

Thank you for using justanswer

Anne :

I am looking for that ruling

Anne :

I will be back with you shortly

Anne :

I regret that I can not find this ruling for you, and so at this point, i am going to release the question back to the open board so that another expert can help you

Customer:

will another expert keep trying. The ruling was made for the company in Washington State.

Anne :

Yes. I opened this question back up to the question board so that the other experts can see it and provide you an answer

Different contributor here. Please permit me to assist.

I have comprehensive access to the Westlaw legal research service. The service provides effectively every court and administrative law ruling made in any US jurisdiction since the founding of each state and federal jurisdiction.

The term "tarkay" appears nowhere in conjunction with Washington, catfish, bait, or excise tax. However, there is one case that appears consistent with the general tenor of your request, and the business entity is called "Targhee," which is phonetically similar to "Tarkey." That case is:

NELSON-RICKS CREAMERY CO. v. U.S., 634 F.2d 566 (1980)

The case discusses excise taxes on fish bait, so I'm pretty sure this is the case you're requesting.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Retired (mostly)