USTaxAdvising, CPA
Experience:  US Taxation specialist.

I have a client selling a home....with the sale he will be

I have a client selling a home....with the sale he will be taxed on about 1.2 mil of gains. His other income will not exceed $400k, but will the cap gain be added into his taxable income such that we will be taxed at 20% or will he be at 15%

USTaxAdvising : Hello,Thank you for using justanswer. I can assist you with your questions today.
USTaxAdvising : The capital gain would be added to the taxable income thus increasing his tax bracket.
USTaxAdvising : Looks as though he will be in the highest marginal tax bracket. Thus the medicare investment tax of 3.8% will also apply.
USTaxAdvising : See link here for more information on the 2013 capital gain tax rates and the medicare tax -