Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

Five years ago I moved to South Korea for work. I dont owe

Five years ago I moved to South Korea for work. I don't owe anything and I didn't file. I was told by a friend that even if I don't owe anything I still have to file. Do I have to file the past five years tax papers?
Hi

Thank you for using justanswer. If you made more than your Standard Deduction + your Personal Exemption, then you are required to file a tax return, even if you owe $0 tax

If you make less than your Standard Deduction + your Personal Exemption, then you are not required to file a tax return.

truly hope this information is helpful but please do not rate until you are satisfied. If you want to click on 1 or 2 just click on the continue to work with me button instead. You will then be able to add any other info or respond to what I have posted so far. Rating 3-5 gives me credit and a good rating but you can still converse with me.

Thank you for the accept and the positive rating.

Please feel free to ask for me by name if I can help you in the future.