Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I invested in a company but I dont work there. Can I file

Customer Question

I invested in a company but I don't work there.
Can I file a K1 form?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

A K-1 form is used to report a partner's share of income on form 1065 or to report the distribution of income from a trust from form 1041

MyVirtualCPA :

Schedule K-1 is not something you will prepare unless you are a part owner of a business. It will be prepared so that you can claim your portion of income and expenses on your tax return

Expert:  Megan C replied 3 years ago.
Hello Abdou

I realized that you could not view our chat session. I hope you have the transcript. If not, let me know and I can send it to you. If I have answered your question, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Otherwise, reply below to continue our conversation.