Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I went to IRS to apply W-7, a guy there helped me out, then

I went to IRS to apply W-7, a guy there helped me out, then when I got home, I received a call from him, saying if i need any help, ask him and this is his cell phone number . Later, he asked me out via text message. How should I refuse him, bez I still
need to go to IRS, Dont want to be weird when I meed him again
Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma. You could turn the agent down by stating that you wish to keep your relationship professional.
Get the name of the agent and report him to his supervisor if his actions have made you truly uncomfortable. IT is against IRS policy to reach out to taxpayers in this manner and he will be reprimanded.
Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using and have a great day.
Please take a moment to rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for helping you today.