R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
63817126

Company A in IL sold machine parts to company B in OH. B asked

Company A in IL sold machine parts to company B in OH. B asked A to deliver the parts to company C located in OH but in different county because B again sold the parts to C.
In this case, If A has not collected resale certificate from B, A has to collect sales tax on which tax rate? County B tax rate? Or county C tax rate?

Randalltax :

Thank you for contacting me about your Tax issue. I will work hard to help you understand the issue clearly.

Randalltax :

More than likely, unless Company A has a presence in Ohio, it does not need to collect sales tax.

Customer:

Thank you. If company A has presence in Ohio, which couty's tax rate is applied? County B? or county C?

Randalltax :

If Company A had nexus to Ohio, sales tax is collected based on where the customer who bought it has the product shipped to.

Customer:

Thank you so much

Randalltax :

Please thank me by providing a rating so we may close this question.Have a great weekend!