Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Hi. I am preparing to fill out form 1065. Do I need to attach

Customer Question

Hi. I am preparing to fill out form 1065. Do I need to attach Schedule B? There are instructions for this but when I go to the IRS website, there is no schedule B associated with form 1065...only Schedule B-1. We filed a B-1 last year because my husband and I each own 50% of the partnership. This year there is no reference to a Schedule B-1 in the instructions for form 1065. So I am confused about this. Can you please clarify this for me?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm sorry that you have confusion.

MyVirtualCPA :

There is no schedule B for form 1065

MyVirtualCPA :

You can see the forms that are used with Form 1065 here: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Schedules-for-Form-1065

MyVirtualCPA :

Schedule B is on page 2 of the 1065

MyVirtualCPA :

It is not a separate schedule

MyVirtualCPA :

If you answer yes to 3 a or b on that section of the 1065 you will fill out form B-1

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Megan

I see you were unable to join the chat, so I thought I'd just answer you here to make things easy. I know you are anxiously awaiting your answer.

On form 1065 page 2 there is a schedule B. It's not a free standing form. If you answer yes to question 3 a or b on Schedule B on page 2 of the 1065 you will fill out form B-1 which is a free standing form.

You can get a listing of all schedules used with form 1065 on the IRS website: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Schedules-for-Form-1065

I hope this clarifies things for you. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was charged another $35. Do you know what that was for or is this a mistake. So I was charged $35 and then another $8 and then now another $35.

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Megan,

I don't have access to customer payment information. When you post a new question, there is an additional fee. I'll be happy to hand this off to customer support for you, but that's all I can do for you regarding this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok. Yes. Please do. Thanks.

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
You're welcome.