Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My husbands business is a s corp. no employees except him

My husband's business is a s corp. no employees except him and I. We have three children and have had private insurance for 15 years. We have been hearing talk about assistance with health insurance with the new reform. With this talk we are hearing your assistance amount is based in your 2012 AG amount. Is that true for us too. AG from our personal taxes

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, your assistance is based on your AG from your personal income tax return.

Customer: So all these numbers I keep hearing for a family of four with $80000 income will get assistance so that means our AG at $78600 for family of five should get some assistance
MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, that is correct. You should receive some subsidies from the new healthcare plan