How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3375
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in North Carolina and I worked a short time in South

This answer was rated:

I live in North Carolina and I worked a short time in South Carolina last year. How do I list that on my Federal and State taxes?

Randalltax :

Thank you for contacting me about your Tax issue. I will work hard to help you understand the issue clearly.

Randalltax :

Your federal return is not impacted on which state you work in. You must report all income from all places

Randalltax :

You should do your SC state Non-Resident return next.

Randalltax :

Then, do your Resident NC return. Doing the NC last allows you to claim a tax credit for any taxes paid to SC


Thanks. That answers my questions.

R. Klein, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
OK Thank you Have a good evening!