Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have paid New York 2012 unicorporated business tax (UBT)

I have paid New York 2012 unicorporated business tax (UBT) (NYC-202 form). Can I deduct amount paid as an expense in Line 23 (Taxes) on Federal tax return - Schedule C ?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, you can deduct UBT on your schedule C

MyVirtualCPA :

This is a business expense and is therefore deductible on your schedule C

Thank you for the opportunity to assist. If you have difficulty seeing your response, please let me know. If you have further follow ups, please ask away. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a great day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.This is my last question related to business tax deductions.

Is it also MTCTM (Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax) paid in 2012, deductible as a business expense on Schedule C - Line 23 (Taxes)?

Thank you for your follow up. Yes, this tax is also deductible as a business expense on your business tax return.

Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a great day.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site. This answer is not to be construed as financial or legal advice. Please contact a local tax professional, and do not rely on this assessment to avoid penalties or to make financial decisions. This is for informational purposes only**

You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for the positive rating. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer. For the quickest service, please post a new question.