Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

As a single-member LLC formed in Jan. 2013 with no employees,

As a single-member LLC formed in Jan. 2013 with no employees, what exactly must I file quarterly + annually for both federal and state (Louisiana)?
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. You are correct, you will file schedule C annually and 1040-ES quarterly. For the state of LA you will file the IT-540 form annually. You will file IT-540ES quarterly as well. So, basically your business is handled on your individual income tax return.

LA forms are available, HERE.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a great day.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site. This answer is not financial or legal advice, and must not be used as such. For financial and legal advice, please contact a local professional.*

You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! I will file the IT-540ES and 1040-ES, then. Something I forgot to mention in the original question is that I've been receiving monthly sales tax forms from the state. This perplexed me, as I'm not selling tangible goods (my LLC provides website design/development). Is this filing still required?

The development and design of a website is not a taxable service in Louisiana. However, if you sell software the software is taxable. If all you are doing is web design then you would not file a sales tax return.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a great day

Thank you for the positive rating. Please come back and see me next time you have a question. It was a pleasure working with you today. Have a great night.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer