Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I keep getting asked to enter information about K1 , both corporations

Customer Question

I keep getting asked to enter information about K1 , both corporations name and ID number. We have no K1 returns, hence I can't answer that. Upon trying to clean this up, we now have 4 K1's we have to answer. How do we eliminate or delete turbo tax's question about K1's? This is all that remains from being able to file. Thanks for your help, Herb [email protected]

Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 3 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
TurboTax advises that you must delete a K1 under the summary view or your info could have "ghost forms".
They suggest you navigate to Your 2012 Income Summary, scroll down to Business Items - Schedules K-1, then selecting the Update button and following the prompts.

Robin D :

They don't recommend removing a form manually unless specifically instructed to do so, or you fully understand where the data comes from and how that form relates to other forms and schedules in your return.

Robin D :

I hope this is helpful as I took the steps directly form the TurboTax site.