Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Team, Is there a way to report $8,000 in rental income without

Team,

Is there a way to report $8,000 in rental income without using the schedule A itemized form?

Elvin

bkb1956 :

Thank you for allowing me to be of service to you regarding your tax question. If you received $8,000 in rental INCOME, you would not utilize Schedule A. You would utilize Schedule E for rental property.

Customer:

Thanks for the reply

Customer:

I am trying to figure out out to report $8,000 in rental income with out using the schedule E. Is there a way to report the income without itemizing?

Customer:

Elvin

bkb1956 :

No. If the income is from rental property, it must be included on Schedule E.

bkb1956 :

Schedule E will allow you to deduct your expenses that pertain to the rental property, i.e., real estate taxes, repairs, etc.

bkb1956 :

Please let me know if you can view my answers and if you require further information and/or clarification on this.

bkb1956 :

I will switch to Q&A mode now to make sure that you can view my answers.