Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

I made 50K of w-2 salary from my S-Corp in 2012. questions: 1.

I made 50K of w-2 salary from my S-Corp in 2012.
1. I uinderstand that i can contribute first 17K of sallary for my personal contribution to my solo-401k plan? Correct?
2. since i made 50K of w-2 my company can contribute 25% of that on top and it measn that 12.5k can be added.
3. After all of these contributions are made - can i still add 5K to my regular IRA?
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using Just

1) Yes, this is correct.
2) Yes, your company can add an additional 12,500 as a match - that is correct.
3) Yes, but your deduction may be limited because you have a retirement plan at work. If $50,000 is your only income you should be able to deduct your IRA contribution You can CLICK HERE to read about the IRA deduction limits when you are covered by a plan at work.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using and have a great day.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site. This answer is not to be construed as financial or legal advice. Please contact a local tax professional, and do not rely on this assessment to avoid penalties or to make financial decisions. This is for informational purposes only**

You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for the positive rating. Please come back and see me next time you have a question. It was a pleasure working with you today. Have a great afternoon.
Thank you for the positive rating. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer. For the quickest service, please post a new question.