How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tax-doctor Your Own Question
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 637
Experience:  Federal, State and local income tax preparation
Type Your Tax Question Here...
tax-doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a small construction company that is a S-Corp. I pay

This answer was rated:

I own a small construction company that is a S-Corp. I pay myself through payroll and receive a W-2 for this. I also make occasional draws from which I enter in the books as Owner's Draws.

How do I enter the payroll portion into the books? Would I enter it as employee wages with the rest of the employees' wages, or should I enter both, my payroll wages and Owner's Draws, as Owner's Draws?

tax-doctor :

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to answer this question


Hello Michael.

tax-doctor :

your w-2 wages are entered along with the rest of your employees and your draws are just that distributions which will be reconciled via k-1 at the end of your tax yr


Great, thank you!

tax-doctor :

you're welcome!

tax-doctor and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions