R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
63817126

My hard drive crashed a month ago. I lost all my previous

My hard drive crashed a month ago. I lost all my previous tax returns. Plus my email had to change [email protected] I want to use turbo tax for doing my 2012 returns. I have two questions: Is the problem with state of Minnesota fixed? Is there any way to get my 2011 return back on my computer or do I have to start over. I can't sign in because I don't remeber my password XXXXX the change in email address. ID I think was britt iowa.

James Bilbrey

Randalltax :

Thank you for contacting me about your Tax issue. I will work hard to help you understand the issue clearly.

Randalltax :

The TurboTax issues with MN state returns have been resolved. They affected very few taxpayers in very specific situations.

Randalltax :

If you have stored your 2011 data file on your computer, there is no way for TurboTax to restore it. The information is not stored elsewhere or in TurboTax's filing center.

Randalltax :

If you did not keep a backup paper copy, you can always visit the IRS website and order a transcript of your prior return for free (www.irs.gov)

Randalltax :

You will need to start your 2012 tax return from scratch since there is no carryover data if you do not have the 2011 data file.

Randalltax :

If this information answers your question, kindly provide a rating to close the question. If you need further assistance, please ask before rating. Thanks!