MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
5142404

this is for an arizona laywer to answer. i prefer someone with

Customer Question

this is for an arizona laywer to answer. i prefer someone with an accounting degree also . im a business owner ( sole prop ) in arizona. i also own commercial propery under an llc. i was offered a job with a mmj dispensary in az. if i take it, is it best to be an employee for them or a sub contractor, an get a 1099 ??
Category: Tax
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi, can you put this question to a good accountant? seems no lawyers are answering me?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Guy,

I will move this to Tax for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

There is no right answer to this question. If you are an employee, you will only pay the employee's portion of social security and medicare. If an employee you may be covered by a benefits package (health insurance, 401(k), etc.)

If you are an independent contractor you are responsible for 100% of the self employment taxes. Any benefits would be determined by you and would reduce the net amounts you receive.

It is also possible that you should be classified as employee regardless of your desire. I have attached a link to a checklist to assist in determining your proper status.

http://www2.webster.edu/about/policy/independent_contractor_checklist.pdf