rramsook
rramsook, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Specialize in Individual,Corporate, and payroll tax matters.
62036424

"I have a corporation in New York City, the business pays several

"I have a corporation in New York City, the business pays several taxes including the nyc3l which I believe is the most on taxes. If my business was in Nassau county do I still pay the nyc3l? If not is there a diff city tax for Nassau or do I save?"

rramsook :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

rramsook :

If your corporation was moved to nassau county and maintians a office in Nassau county then you will not be required to file a NYC 3L corp tax return unless the corporation owns real propert, has a location in NYC, or has an investment or subsidary in NYC.

rramsook :

There is no different tax return for operating in Nassau county, you will essentially save taxes

rramsook :

from paying NYC taxes

Customer: If I have a mailing address in NYC such as a virtual office. Does that count as a location?
rramsook :

yes, any presence in NYC will forfeit you the tax brreak

rramsook :

from NYC

Customer: K thank you for your help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What if I keep my Nassau county address but do work in NYC as well. Do I pay NYC 3l tax on the income from NYC?

No you will not be required to file a NYC 3L if your just conducting work in NYC.