Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

my state tax is pending since feb.10th. do i need to go to

my state tax is pending since feb.10th. do i need to go to another tax company?

Stephen G :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything that is not clear.

Stephen G :

I would say no. The states are trying to catch up with the IRS changes for 2012. The IRS has just started accepting certain forms that they were previously unable to process.

Stephen G :

I would wait until at least until 3/15 as the latest information that I have is the the information lines are jammed and have been that way for some time now.

Customer:

ok, I'll wait til 3/15; but if it still shows pending by then;

Customer:

what should I do?

Stephen G :

You'll need to stay on the line until you get through to a live person and get an answer as to what the problem is.

Customer:

what number do I call just in case?

Stephen G :

Unfortunately, some returns get randomly selected for "desk review" and can be held up for some time; often they are put back in the system without any contact with the taxpayer.

Stephen G :

Generally, the least amount of contact you have with any taxing authority, the better off you are.

Stephen G :

Let me get you a number; wait just a minute.

Customer:

how often does this happen, and does it usually resolve?

Customer:

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Stephen G : (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Customer:

is that the number to call?

Stephen G :

Eventually it usually resolves, but it takes time; how much are you owed, ie your Arizona refund?

Customer:

834

Stephen G :

Yes that's the number

Stephen G :

Well, frankly, my best guess is that your return may have been selected for a "desk review" & eventually it will continue processing with no problems.

Stephen G :

Is there anything unusual on your return this year?

Customer:

no

Stephen G :

Did you receive a refund from the IRS already?

Customer:

yes

Stephen G :

Were your returns filed electronically?

Customer:

yes

Stephen G :

OK, everything points to the state selecting you for a "desk review"; just sit tight; if they don't pay you back soon, they will have to pay you interest too;

Customer:

oh,okay thank you

Stephen G :

Anyway, there's really nothing you can do about it at this point, which is why I recommend that you do nothing & just wait them out for awhile.

Stephen G :

If you need to contact me again with any tax or financial questions, you can just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question. Again, please remember to rate my response. Bonuses, where you think they are warranted, and excellent ratings, are always most appreciated. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com.

You may get a short survey from the site; if it isn't too much trouble please answer it; thanks, SEG

Customer:

ok thank you so much for your help :)