R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
63817126

Hi, my name isXXXXX and I am affiliated with a USA

Hi, my name isXXXXX and I am affiliated with a USA registered company with a home base in Wisconsin. Basic Background Facts: One of our Directors performed a Consulting Agreement for a client based in Europe. The client paid the consulting fee in US Dollars and in "cash;" the funds were entered into the U.K. in London. Initially the funds were deposited into a "holding account" at Halifax Bank in July 2012; in December 2012 the funds were moved to a Security group also based in London. We were told there was a tax requirement of $42,450.00 US Dollars which was required to be paid to the HMRC - Inland Revenue before the funds would be released.
We could not and cannot understand why there is / was a tax to be paid on 2012 income in 2012 and "why" we could not access the funds to pay all of the necessary fees and taxes. We did receive a message from HMRC that the tax was on 2012 income.

I personally traveled to London in December 2012 and met with the group then holding the funds and verified the funds were actual and real. However I was not allowed to access the funds to pay so-called income taxes.
We subsequently paid 20% of the total amount of the tax due ($8,500 USD) and were told the entire package would be released for our access and payment of obligations in the UK. However, we then received an email message stating we would have to pay another $10,000 USD to this group for payment to MI5 to obtain a tax release statement (Anti-Money Laundering Certificate Stamp).

This does not seem to fit anything as we understand the MI5 group does not have authority to stamp a document or collect a tax form. Also, we cannot understand why the HMRC Inland Revenue will not allow us to access the funds to satisfy obligations.

Our help question is does your group have a an attorney based in London who would work with us to obtain full release of the funds and deposit into a bank.
Our request is would the attorney work with us, obtain release of the funds and be paid in full plus a bonus after the fact - in other words upon completion and receipt / deposit of the funds into a bank. We would ask the attorney to accrue their costs and we would pay them upon completion of the tasks.
We have numerous email messages, name contacts, email contacts and telephone numbers which we weould share.
My email address is:[email protected]

Randalltax :

Thank you for your question.

Randalltax :

I understand you are concerned about this money.

Randalltax :

Our website has many experts. We provide information of a general and informative basis here. We are not able to make a specific referral per website Terms of Service, nor are we able to engage in a private transaction or representation here.

Randalltax :

The payments you describe unfortunately sound very familiar, and not in a good way. Using the name of the British or US Government authorities to extract rax payments in advance is a hallmark of known scams.

Randalltax :

You may have visited your customer and his bank and seen funds on deposit. It means nothing. It's a ruse to get you to fork over more money. You likely lost all the money for the work you did and are not getting paid for. Now they are mliking you for more funds. If you were to pay the current "tax fees", you most certainly would be hit with another fee, such as the UN anti-fraud wire transfer fee or the FBI anti-terrorist fee. None of these things are real.

Randalltax :

MI5 does not have anything to do with what this group is claiming. MI5 is British Security. It could care less about private business transactions.

Randalltax :

Your best recourse is to contact British police or Interpol to see if they have any advice about the apprehension of these scammers.

Randalltax :

Best of luck to you.