Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Hi Stephen, I have one last question...we have state taxes

Hi Stephen, I have one last question...we have state taxes due, is it ok to file the federal and leave the state due? or do we have to delete our state returns before filing?

Stephen G :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything that is not clear.

Stephen G :

Are you talking about electronic filing?

Stephen G :

I may not be familiar with the system that you are using; let me check to see if you mentioned it in your previous question.

JACUSTOMER-6e7ro3m9- :

yes electronic filing, turbotax

Stephen G :

I'm really not sure, but I would think you may be able to indicate whether or not you want the state return to go independently, or, you can file it anyway & just get the payment made by April 15, 2013, that is also acceptable.

JACUSTOMER-6e7ro3m9- :

yes i know i dont have to file it together, but can i leave it due on the turbotax website and file just the federal, i mean would "not" deleting it affect the federal?

Stephen G :

No, it shouldn't affect the federal, but if the federal were deleted it would affect the state; what state are you in?

JACUSTOMER-6e7ro3m9- :

west virginia

Stephen G :

OK, my comments above, about the state, would apply to West Virginia.

Stephen G :

Please remember to rate my response, it is the only way we get credit for out answers. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com.

Do you have any further questions?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I get credit for my answers.

Thanks very much. Steve G.