rramsook
rramsook, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Specialize in Individual,Corporate, and payroll tax matters.
62036424

RA - 112

Customer Question

Good morning. Hope you are having a good weekend...

I am making an attempt at filling out the three forms for my daughter, Emily. First question - and am sorry about these individual questions, but on 1040, I am not thinking we put her total service income ($4960) on Line 7 - as this is not a wage, and she has no W-2. I presume I show this income on Line 12?
Category: Tax
Expert:  rramsook replied 3 years ago.

rramsook :

Hello, welcome to just answer

rramsook :

You should report this income on schedule C and report any expenses she may have incurred such as travel or meals.

rramsook :

Line 12 is the schedule C form

Customer :

I was hoping to ask a follow up question with my previously paid individual LEV. I am hoping I do not need to pay an additional $30...

rramsook :

Sure no problem

Customer :

Will LEV get back to me - or can I ask you to walk me through these reporting steps??

rramsook :

you would have to direct this question to LEV as a follow-up if you do not want to get charged again

Customer :

I did - but he may be off-line, which is why my question was opened up to anyone. Shall I just wait until he responds?

rramsook :

I can help you with your questions no problem

Customer :

I have no problem leaving you a tip - presuming you will get it directly, but am hesitant to pay the $30 over again.

rramsook :

I will OPT out of this question so LEV may assist you. This way you wouldnt get charged twice.

Customer :

Thank you.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Tax issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, thank you.