Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.

Hello. If I have a complex trust where two beneficiaries are

Customer Question

Hello. If I have a complex trust where two beneficiaries are individuals and the third is a tax-exempt financial institution (1/3 share each), does form 1041-A have to be filled out if a charitable deduction is taken on the 1041?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question , but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 3 years ago.

The instructions say yes, if:

1. The "tax-exempt" financial institution is a "charity", and
  2. The trust document doesn't require the trust to "currently" distribute the income.

You said it's a complex trust, so point (2) probably is met.