Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner

the question I have relates to taxes, Last year I paid my sister

the question I have relates to taxes, Last year I paid my sister in law $998 to help me with an online business I have. I applied for my EIN earlier this week, and I have it. However my sister-in-law is telling me she can't use this number to file her taxes tomorrow, and wants my social security number. She said that she can't use the EIN for 2 weeks since its new. I do not feel comfortable giving my SSN number to her. Is she able to use this number now and electronically file her taxes?
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

In brief, it doesn't appear that she will be able to use the number because it is too new. According to the following IRS webpage, it takes about 2 weeks before the E.I.N. is input into the system for e-filing purposes. Note, they say...about 2 weeks, it could actually be longer.

Have your Employer Identification Number (EIN) handy. Go to our EIN page right away to get an EIN if you don't have one. It takes about two weeks to get a new EIN into our files;

If you're not comfortable giving her your social security number, you can ask her to wait a week or two and try filing using the E.I.N.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.