Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I have a new S corp in California. I want to file my 2012 tax

I have a new S corp in California. I want to file my 2012 tax returns (state and federal). I have no profits this year, actually I want to file a 0 return this year. I didnt do any business- I just got incorporated in Oct last year. I am the sole shareholder. Please advise which forms I need to complete for my returns for 2012.
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Since you will be filing a return with no activity, you need to fill out IRS form 1120S. This is the S-Corp tax return.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a happy, and safe, 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*
You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is this the only form to fill out? What about this schedule K? Or this 1120-w? And for california s-corp?

Thanks for your follow up. Your K-1 will be part of filing your 1120S as that's reporting your share of the income, which is 0. You would also have to file your state tax return, which is form 100S.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks for using JustAnswer.com ad have a happy, and safe, 2013.

Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer