Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.

In Turbotax, I was checking for review and a state return error

In Turbotax, I was checking for review and a state return error was brought up. First off, I am in the Air Force reserve and went to Maryland for 4 months this year. So when I was asked about military duty in Turbo tax I said I went away for 4 months. Now there is an entry on the state form 540NR Schedule D. Its asking this:
Check This Entry
Sch D Wks for Part-Year and Nonresidents: Residency Status must be entered.

No entry
Full Year Nonresident
Part-Year Res - Moved In
Part-Year Res - Moved Out

None of these apply. I wasnt a full year non resident, I wasnt a partial resident who moved in or a partial resident who moved away. So what do I do for this entry? Its line 3 if that helps you any.
Thanks for using

If the time in MD was a short term temporary AF assignment, you do not need to report anything for Maryland. Remove the military service and change CA, to full-year resident. Military service in a different state, does not change your residency.

If there are additional questions, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may receive credit for my work. Thanks for your business.