BK-CPA
BK-CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Owner of a CPA firm
36384704

Hello Can you please help me with a NYS 45 report question? 1st

Hello Can you please help me with a NYS 45 report question?
1st quarter 2012total remuneration paid this quarter 5461.00
remuneration paid this quarter in excess of 8500.00
00
2nd qt 2012total remuneration pd this quarter 5421.00
remuneration paid this quarter in excess of 8500.00? 2382.00
3rd qt 2012 total remuneration paid this quarter? 4826.00
since Jan 1.
i am drawing a blank can you help me with figure for 3rd quarter
thank you
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thanks for requesting me directly. For the third quarter, you would add together all the previous quarters and then subtract out $8,500.

So, you have 15,708 of total renumeration. That's 7,208 more than $8,500. So, the excess is 7,208

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a happy, and safe, 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*
You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great Thank You!! That's what I thought.

Have a nive weekend!

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
You too. Please take a moment to rate my response excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again!
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your positive rating. If you could please be so kind in participate in the very short survey that Just Answer will send you by e-mail I would appreciate that very much. Thanks again for using our service. If you ever need anything in the future please just ask for me directly by putting MyvirtualCPA in the subject line of your question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sure will.

Expert:  BK-CPA replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Excess wages for the third quarter are $4,826, not $7,208, and this is assuming only one employee in the business. Excess wages for the quarter are reported, not excess wages for the year. $7,208 is the year-to-date excess as of the end of the third quarter, so $7,208 should not appear on your third quarter form.

I hope this is helpful.

Experience: Owner of a CPA firm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so very much, I found out later on today that I was incorrect.

You are right.

Wonderful Thank you!