Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

I started a company in Houston, TX in 2012. It is for Real

I started a company in Houston, TX in 2012. It is for Real Estate investing. My initial capital is $8000. I have an EIN. I do NOT have a bank account set up.

I have not taken the time yet to invest in real estate and as such, have not made any purchases with the business. Will I need to pay taxes on this initial investment?

Thanks much
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good evening. What kind of entity is your company? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ofcourse. The company is a LLC and I am the sole participant.

Thanks for following up. The contribution to the LLC would not be taxable. It is a non-recognition event...under Section 351 of the Internal Revenue Code if you have elected for the LLC to be taxed as a corporation; and under 721 of the Internal Revenue Code if you have elected for the LLC to be taxed as a partnership.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!