Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

If the pay period is 12/16/2012-12/29/2012 80 hours worked

If the pay period is 12/16/2012-12/29/2012 80 hours worked in 2012'
The check date is 1/02/2013, Should the deductions be for 2012 or 2013?
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Even though you performed services in 2012, the check was not made available to you until 2013 so the deductions on this check are for 2013. This check will not be included on your W-2.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Have a happy and safe 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*
You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer,Even though The pay period was in 2012, it counts for2013,the deductions will be on 2012 or 2013 W-2?

Yes, the W-2 deductions will be listed on your 2013 tax return.

Thanks again for your follow up. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. Also if you ever need anything else in the future please Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer
Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer