How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I asked about not filing irs last year on 2/6/2012 and never

This answer was rated:

I asked about not filing irs last year on 2/6/2012 and never recieved an answer. Please answer. Thanks. BJ

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You can and should file your 2010 and 2011 tax returns. You will have to mail your returns as the period allowed for electronic filing has expired. I have provided links below to the IRS Form 1040 and instructions for 2010. Additional forms and years are available if necessary. I have also provided a link to the IRS web page where additional forms are available.

If you owe tax there is a late filing penalty and a late payment penalty. If you have a refund due there is no penalty charged.

MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you