Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

Mom mother died and had an account in trust for me. Its not

Mom mother died and had an account in trust for me. It's not part of the estate for valuation. Is it taxable to me personally?

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. No,this is an inheritance and thus you would not be income and thus not be subject to income tax. Also, you would owe no inheritance tax on this. There is no inheritance tax on the federal level, and Maryland imposes no inheritance tax on money left to children, grandchildren, parents or siblings.

Thank you so
much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I've done my best to provide information which
will be helpful to you.
If I have not
fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I
have misinterpreted your questions in any way,
please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so
I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer
. If I have fully answered your
question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service
with 3, 4, or 5
faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to
provide me a positive rating!

Thanks so much for the positive rating and the bonus! I appreciate your generosity and the
opportunity to serve you! If I can be of
assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!