How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16560
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im looking for guidance filing a form 8821 on behalf of a

This answer was rated:

I'm looking for guidance filing a form 8821 on behalf of a Disregarded Entity - LLC (DE-LLC).

The form asks for information on the DE-LLC's "parent, parent organization, or owner." Note the singular.

What if the DE-LLC has multiple owners?

Does information need to be provided for each owner? (and if so, where?)

Or is it enough to provide information on a single US owner or on the majority owner?
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question. A disregarded entity LLC has an ultimate tax liability that lies with a single individual, so you will need to do some digging through how your LLC is set up. If you file a partnership return with the LLC, then it's not a disregarded entity.

Basically a multi-member disregarded entity LLC has either a grantor trust or another holding company LLC that is the primary owner of the return, and thus who is responsible for the entity's tax reporting. You would need to provide the information for either the grantor trust or the Holding Company LLC.

CLICK HERE to read more

CLICK HERE to read more

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site**

Megan C and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a financial question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer

Related Tax Questions