How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to pay tax in US from dividends received abroad?

This answer was rated:

Do I have to pay tax in US from dividends received abroad?

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:
If you are a US citizen or resident alien, you must pay tax on your worldwide income unless specifically excluded. Dividends are not excluded.

If the dividends were taxable in the other country, you are allowed a credit for foreign taxes paid.
MequonCPA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions