Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

I am 57 years old and became disabled on 10/01/2011. what is

I am 57 years old and became disabled on 10/01/2011. what is the earliest age I can take out my money without a penalty?
Thank you
Bud Holly
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

If you have become permanently or totally disabled, you can begin withdrawals immediately. The IRS definition of permanent and total disability is as follows:

"You are permanently and totally disabled if you cannot engage in any substantial gainful activity because of your physical or mental condition. A physician must certify that the condition has lasted or can be expected to last continuously for 12 months or more, or that the condition can be expected to result in death. "

If there any more questions or concerns, please reply to this answer so that I can assist you further.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may be paid. Thanks for your business.