Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

Is there a limit to the amount of Social Security Tax that

Is there a limit to the amount of Social Security Tax that can be with held if you had income from more than one job?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Yes, for 2012, the maximum taxable earnings amount upon which Social Security (OASDI) taxes may be calculated is an aggregate amount equal to $110,100 per taxpayer no matter how many jobs the taxpayer may have.

I hope this has given you information that has been
helpful to you. If the information seems
more general than specific,
please be aware that we are only allowed to provide information
and not specific advice. If you have a follow-up question, please remember that
there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because
I may be helping others or taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience: 29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.