How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 6100
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter was born in florida, we are currently living in

This answer was rated:

My daughter was born in florida, we are currently living in NYC, and never received her SS Card. I understand we only need the SS number for tax purposes. We need it almost immediately, can't wait until we receive a SS Card. What can I do? Can I go to a NYC office to request the number with a birth certificate and her passport and a proof that I'm her mother?

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.


Stephen E. Grizey :

Yes. That will be the quickest way to obtain that information. In addition, you'll want to update the Social Security Administration on your new address.


Customer: Are they going to give me the number right away ?
Stephen E. Grizey :

Yes, they should.


Stephen E. Grizey :

If you need to contact me again with any tax or financial questions, you can just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question. Again, please remember to rate my response. Bonuses, where you think they are warranted, and excellent ratings, are always most appreciated. Thanks again for using


Stephen E. Grizey :

Any other questions?


Stephen E. Grizey :

Please remember to rate my response in order that I can receive credit for my answers.


Stephen E. Grizey :



Stephen G. and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions