How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

I mailed my 2011 income tax return in march 2012 have not received it or any information on it,i called all the phone numbers with no help all machines. how do i talk to a agent to find out where it is?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 4 years ago.
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

Have you checked the "Where's My Refund" webpage? If not, you can do so at the following link:'s-My-Refund-It's-Quick,-Easy,-and-Secure.

If they do not have a status for you, this likely means that your return was never received by them. You may have to call the 1-800-829-1040 number again. Don't push any prompts to be sent to any particular department. As you are probably aware, there is likely going to be a long wait time on hold.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You got to do better then this or i,m not paying

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I've did all those things before was no help
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 4 years ago.
Hello again,

I'm sorry that you have not been able to find out where your refund is, however, I provided you with the ways that you could research that. I can't create new options for you. However, the one other thing that you may want to do is to contact the tax advocate in your area. This may be your last resort.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Here are some more options for you.

CLICK HERE for the local field office numbers for the New York area.

If you read the entire page, it will inform you that your office will take a message and return a call. However, you can also call the Advocate's office - which there are four of them listed on that same page. I cannot guarantee that there won't be a recorded message on any of those numbers, either but as they are the advocates you may have an easier time getting through to them.

Sometimes what I do to get an actual person when I call the 1-800 number is XXXXX just keep hitting "0" - it will confuse the system and route you to an agent sometimes.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO XXXXX ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid, but the Web site will still collect your payment. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site**