Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I have been audited and the person I have is very mean (which

I have been audited and the person I have is very mean (which I know some agents are) but this agent is down right terrible. Is it possible to request a different agent?

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Yes - that is possible - but that might not be easy task.

Complaints about IRS employee conduct should be evaluated and acted upon according to the procedures described in RRA '98 §1203 All Employee Guide ( Document 11043).

-- Allegations determined to be potential IRC §1203 violations will be sent to Treasury Inspector General for tax Administration (TIGTA) for processing and investigation, if required. See IRM 13.1.15.3, RRA98 §1203 - Employee Responsibilities. - http://www.irs.gov/irm/part13/irm_13-001-015.html

-- Allegations determined to contain no §1203 violations will be handled using administrative procedures. See IRM 13.1.15.4 , Customer Complaints (Non - §1203 Violations).
You need to be very specific which exactly item is violated and should be able to proof it. That might be not simple task - and you might need to consult with the attorney in your state.

LEV :

I might suggest to contact the supervisor and express your concerns about agent's behavior. If you found that person as very mean - most likely - there are other complains.