Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level

MN individual own LLC and house and stable income from other

MN individual own LLC and house and stable income from other than that LLC, seeking tax advice

I have a two-member LLC, and own a house of my own with no mortgage. I heard an advice that there s a way to report taxes making full use of federal/state allowed deductible items by "renting house to own company" stuff like that, any suggestion on the legality and feasibility of this advice?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

I would not advise someone to rent their primary residence to themselves and deduct the expense as a business expense. This is not legal. You can, however, rent from yourself for actual business expenses - but disguising personal expenses as business expenses will get you in hot water with the IRS

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO XXXXX ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid, but the Web site will still collect your payment. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site**
Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a financial question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer