Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

i had to purchase hearing aids for business- mostly phone work.

i had to purchase hearing aids for business- mostly phone work. are they deductable???
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

If the hearing aids are traditional hearing aids that can be used to improve your hearing in normal everyday life, they are only going to be deductible as a medical expense on your Schedule A.

If the hearing aid is some sort of a head-set for your business phone or only usable when you work, the phone/hearing aid device could be deductible as a business expense. If would either be deducted on schedule C (if your are self-employed) or as a miscellaneous itemized deduction using form 2106 and schedule A if you are an employee of someone else.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may be paid. If you have additional questions on this topic or need me to clarify, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks

My pleasure