How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my sister never got her t ax refund for 2010.

This answer was rated:

my sister never got her t ax refund for 2010.
Thanks for using!

Unfortunately, your sister will have to contact the IRS or the state of Maine directly to find out about her 2010 refund. However, if she did file in 2011 it is quite likely that her return was rejected, or was mistakenly never filed by either her tax preparer or the software company that she used to prepare her tax return.

For example, if she used TurboTax the file her return she would've needed to go through numerous screens before she actually reached the screen to e-file her return. It is quite common for TurboTax users to forget to go all the way to the e-file screen, and then the return doesn't get filed until they discover they haven't received their refund months later.

To contact the IRS, she will need to call 1-800-829-1040. To contact the Maine Department of revenue, she will need to call(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Sorry that I cannot do more for you. If she has a tax return preparer or tax accountant, they should be able to call the IRS or the state of Maine to check on this issue for her.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between okay and excellent so that I may be paid. If you have additional questions or require further assistance, please reply to my answer so that I can help you further.
Phillip B, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you