As a follow-up here are the designations that will exempt you from having to take the series 65 in Il:
Waivers. The examination requirements shall not apply to any person who currently holds one of the following professional designations:
1) Certified Financial Planner (CFP) awarded by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.;
2) Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) awarded by the American College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania;
3) Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants;
4) Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) awarded by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts;
5) Chartered Investment Counselor (CIC) awarded by the Investment Adviser Association; or
6) Any other professional designation as the Secretary of State may recognize by rule or by an order under Section 8 of the Act.
For example, I am a CFP, which exempted me from having to take the test in GA.
If you want a rigorous training in all of the areas; Investments, Tax
, Estate, Insurance, Finance & Budgeting, Income tax
then the CFP is the way to go...
But it you want to get there quickly, do the 65