Chea Romine
Chea Romine, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  CPA, Managing Partner of medium sized CPA firm specializing in all areas of tax and accounting.

I submitted my taxes to my accountant two years ago, for my

I submitted my taxes to my accountant two years ago, for my partner and myself, including business taxes. they continue to give me the run around saying we have not giving them the documentation, yet we have provided everything they have asked for. our 2010/2011 remain in limbo. I have called, sent emails, left messages to no avail. I no loner live in MA and was there this week. Prior to my arrival I left a message and email indicatiing that I I would be in town and leaving on Monday and wanted to pick up all of my taxes, Friday at 3pm she requested MORE items from me. I provided them. Again, today, I called to pick up my taxes and she was out to lunch. NO response, again. I called and she left a message that she would email me. what can i do? what are my rights, please help. I fear they will hurt us on our taxes.....

Chea Romine :

You best recourse is to request all of your documents back and take them to another firm. They are not allowed to withhold your documentation from you for any reason including non-payment. This time of year there are many accounting firms that have time to prepare past taxes. There is really no way to speed them up and once a relationship heads down this path there is really no way to be comfortable from either side. It is best to take your business elsewhere and start over.

If you don't want to do this I would try to talk directly with the owners, if you already are then you are out of luck.